Emergencies happen from time to time. But that doesn’t mean you should live with it! At Exceptional Dental, our patients’ comfort is one of our top priorities. If you’re in need of Emergency Care, we can get you an appointment within the next 24 hours. You deserve to have a Louisiana dentist who knows what they’re doing. Call today and relieve yourself of pain.
Tips And Tricks
Emergencies can take on any shape or form. So we understand that it can be difficult to see a dentist immediately. Here’s what to do in case an emergency does happen:
- Toothaches. Rinse your mouth with warm water and go over the tooth with dental floss in case of an obstruction. Apply a cold compress if swelling occurs.
- Chipped or broken teeth. Save any pieces and rinse your mouth with warm water. Apply a cold compress if there’s swelling and gauze if you’re bleeding.
- Knocked-out teeth. Rinse the tooth of any dirt, but do not remove any tissue attached. If you can, try to place the tooth back in the socket, but do not force it. If this isn’t possible, place the tooth in milk with a pinch of salt. See a dentist as quickly as possible as teeth have a less likely chance to stay in place as time goes on.
- Partially dislodged teeth. Use a cold compress or a pain reliever until you see your dentist.
- Lost filling. Using a piece of sugarless gum to fill the space until you see a dentist is the best quick fix. Using gum with sugar will cause pain, so be careful!
- Lost crown. Bring the crown with you to our dentist appointment. If possible, try to slip it back over the tooth with dental cement or toothpaste.
- Broken brace wires. Wire poking you in the mouth? Try using a pencil eraser to push the wire into a more comfortable position. If you cannot, place orthodontic wax or gauze over it. NEVER cut the wire.
- Loose brackets and bands. Temporarily reattach loose braces with orthodontic wax. For bands, save it and call your orthodontist as soon as possible.
- Abscess. To ease any pain, try rinsing your mouth with a mild salt water solution. See a dentist ASAP to prevent serious damage.
- Soft-tissue injuries. Rinsing, using gauze, and applying a compress does wonders for temporary relief.
No matter the injury, it’s best to see a Louisiana dentist as soon as possible. Above all, using these tricks are best for temporary care. However, a dentist is sure to stop your pain for good.
Schedule An Appointment With A Louisiana Dentist
Exceptional Dental is always prepared to help our patients out. As a result, we have seven locations in New Orleans and the surrounding cities. Our contact page can be used to call or email whichever one is closest to you. In need of an appointment now? Please feel free to use our form to schedule one. Emergencies can happen before you know it. So, find a Louisiana dentist who can care for you when the time comes. Schedule your appointment with Exceptional Dental today!